Dave Irek is a seasoned veteran of the communications and networking industry with over 30 years of business development, sales management, and engineering experience. Dave joined Netsync Fiber as the Managing Director and Head of Business Development and, driving the strategy for the business, is focused on Netsync Fiber’s development and expansion. Before joining Netsync Fiber, Dave was the Practice Manager for the Optical, WAN, and Service Provider business for Netsync Network Solutions. Dave previously was the Owner and Lead Consultant for Connected Consulting Group, LLC, based in Rockwall, Texas, where he ran the consulting business both from a national and global level with major network integration organizations like Dimension Data, an NTT company, and Infinera, an optical OEM.
Formerly, Dave was Senior Business Development Manager for Emerging Markets with Cisco Systems; Regional Sales Manager for Cerent Corporation, a private startup company acquired by Cisco; Sales Manager at Ciena Corporation; and Engineering Manager at Fujitsu Network Communications. Dave’s experience spans the service provider, public sector, enterprise and commercial markets worldwide.
Project Experience Highlights
- Led the Netsync Optical, WAN, and Service Provider team to bring transformational solutions to 20-plus public sector, K-12, higher education, healthcare and enterprise clients across Texas.
- Consulted for a global systems integrator that realized a 7:1 return on investment for the client.
- Developed an optical business for a US-based national systems integrator that grew the business from zero to $10 million-plus in 12 months.
- Key leader of the Emerging Markets organization for Cisco, driving the core IP next-generation network (IP NGN) business within the Middle East and Africa markets, representing $1.2 billion in annual revenue.
- Developed US enterprise optical sales strategy growing the annual revenue to $250 million.
- Built nationwide sales engineering organization to support new optical business for Cisco.
- Developed and managed four of the largest strategic accounts for Cerent Corporation: Alltel, Century Telephone, Citizens Communications, and Cincinnati Bell, driving increased valuation for acquisition by Cisco.
- Developed multiple multimillion dollar accounts for Ciena Corporation in the Northwest US, managing annual revenue in excess of $90 million.
- Led engineering efforts for product certification into Fujitsu’s largest client opportunity, eventually generating $1.5 billion in revenue.
Dave holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering with specialization in Telecommunications Engineering from Texas A&M University in College Station, TX.